Sunday, April 16, 2006

Emoting 101

I'm not emoting very well. I'm still a bit numb. To be honest I just don't think I'm ready to think about or deal with this at all yet. So I am constantly doing something... anything, as long as I'm not sitting quietly and thinking. I know I'll feel a lot better once I do think about it all, process it all and maybe actually CRY, but it just seems all too painful and hard and I keep putting it off.

I did start emoting a little bit yesteday. I went to the races with a group of girls (I've spent over a year in Sydney, and now that it seems that I actually have a group of girlfriends, I have bloody cancer to prevent my enjoyment of it. Sheesh.) and tried not to think about it at all. About half way through the day (probably assisted my champagne), I actually experienced an emotion... guilt.

Yes, I feel guilty. I feel guilty for being sick and throwing my life out of whack. I feel guilty for disturbing the happy little life that Rich and I are making here in Sydney. I feel guilty for making friends here in Sydney, then getting cancer and then asking for support. I feel guilty because I'm trying not to think about the cancer thing, so I'm not calling people to keep them up to date. I feel guilty for making other people think about this, and support me. I feel guilty for demanding attention. I feel guilty about asking for special treatment. I feel guilty for being different. I feel guilty for upsetting the lives of other people. And I feel guilty because I'm numb and not crying and screaming and generally being upset like I feel I should be. I feel guilty because I want to isolate myself and pretend it's not happening, and at the same time I want my loved ones around me.

Hey, it's an emotion - it's a start. And I know it's not a constructive emotion (it's a bloody stupid emotion), and it's certainly not a rational emotion, but it is an emotion, and that's a step in the right direction.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry sweetie, I'm emoting for you Love mamaxxx

6:21 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

Thanks Mama :-)

That's teamwork!

xoxox

6:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're with you too Love G'pa and Maralyn

11:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jess, You know we are all here for you. In your times of need and your times of "it's just not fair..' We all have to go through tough times (yes I know that yours is harder that most) but just think what wonderful stories you'll be able to tell your kids / grandkids.

In your darkest hour just think what a joy and inspiration you all to all you touch.

Hang tough :)

Dave xxx

8:24 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

Thank you G&G... you guys are so technologically savvy :-)

7:34 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

Hi Dave,

Rich says I can't have a motorbike... He's so mean.

Thank you for being there, I love you.

7:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home