Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Addendum

Well, it's the night before my surgery, and I've had a bit of feedback on my blog - namely, yes, Richard will be there - he has cancelled his trip to Dubbo to stay by my side. He is a good boy. We will be at the hospital at seven to check in, and then my surgery is due to happen at 10.30. It should only take half an hour or so.

Best case scenario is actually major surgery tomorrow - if it's just a fibroid, then the doctor will take it all out tomorrow, in which case I'll stay in overnight and spend a couple of weeks recovering, but then it's all over. If it's not definitively a fibroid then she'll just look at it, maybe take a biopsy and then we'll have more and bigger surgery later.

I'm happy that everything is all happening, but it's all a bit spread out... the laparoscopy tomorrow, the egg harvest in about two weeks, and then the major surgery about two weeks after that. That's actually quite fast, but it does mean that there's a lot of waiting in between.

I've had a great weekend - planning for and having the party, Anzac Day, sorting out the egg harvest - and now the surgery tomorrow means that I'm brutally coming back to earth and facing the reality that yes, this is all happening. So I'm a bit all over the shop - a bit scatty, a bit irritable and yes, a bit worried. But it really is a small operation tomorrow, and afterwards we should know a lot more about what's happening! I'm just coming out of my denial phase.

So that's it from me for the next day or two... Next time I post we should know a bit more!

Lots of love...

Jessie xoxox

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jess
Loved reading your daily tales - you have an interesting, witty writing style, but please next time I want a food blog or a travel blog, that will take me to another place ... not the place of concern!!!
I have just spoken to Mama who has updated me on this morning's events, so shortly she will be on her way to look after you .... honestly the lengths you go to just to get your Mama to do your washing & ironing!!!!
Seriously though, the girls & I are thinking about you & wish you a speedy recovery. Just take it easy ... maybe even start your food blog while you are out of action, then if it is really good, you might take out the Blooker Award (the electronic equivalent of the Booker award, that has received recognition from the contemporary establishments) & make some money from this obvious talent of yours.
Lots of love & biG, big hugs Jess,
Nette, Erin & Sophie xxxxxx

12:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home