Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Not a whinge!

Hey troops,

The moral of the story (yes, I know I haven't started a story yet - and do I use that phrase too often? Am I a cliche-addict? Do I get off topic too easily? Or worse, do I ramble?) is that I should write my blog BEFORE I write emails or accidently get completely lost in other peoples' (more interesting and definitely cooler) blogs. I have spent all afternoon on the internet (oh what bliss!) and I've spent a lot of time on smh.com.au and lots of time cruising other peoples' blogs. There are people out there with much more interesting lives than me. If I can work out how, I'll post links to other peoples' blogs and you can all stop reading mine.

I think I will be arrested for crimes against dashes and parantheses (brackets, for you people with lives).

Bit of a whimsical mood at the moment.

Sitting in the Sofitel at the moment. Could definitely get used to it. Mama left her phone in the car, the valet noticed, rang the room and then brought it up to us. Now that's service. We don't even tip in this country.

Anyway, why am I sitting in the Sofitel? A) because it's been 38 degrees outside - this is supposed to be autumn! Hard to ignore global warming when the sweat is pouring off you. B) Because I can. Dave (my step-dad) is in town doing a course, and the company put him in the Sofitel. So while he is on his course, Mama and I hide in the airconditioning and surf the net. Bliss. We're off to a Gold Class movie tonight (not available in Mackay, and besides, much easier on Jessie's neck). I seem to be living the high life at the moment. And on Thursday, some wonderful people up in Maleny (Sunshine Coast Hinterlands) have offered us use of a cabin for a couple of nights. So stop feeling sorry for me now people... my life is good. God loves me.

But don't push me down the mountain just yet - I go back to chemo next week. (Just spoiling the mood.)

Last weekend I went to Toowoomba for Ben and Sus's wedding. Everything kicked off on Thursday night, with the hen's night... attempting to recreate the posh hotel/cocktails/spa thing that worked so well before. (Definitely think we should make that a regular event, Sus.) (Oh dear, more parantheses.) (I'm doomed. The grammar police will arrest me for overuse soon.) (Oh, okay, just one more.) And it was a great night, even if we didn't make it to the spa... which was unfortunately located in the bathroom - imagine that! And wouldn't have fitted two of us, let alone all four... It was not the Pimp Suite! But we had a good night, even if we did work out that you're definitely getting older when a C.S. Cowboy makes you feel queasy instead of wanting to dance on the table. So it wasn't a late night... but probably just as well! Friday morning we had our nails done, which was nice. I think I'll start making an effort to actually do my nails - I have very nice nails, so a little effort can't hurt...

We had lunch, Rich and I did a little last minute shopping (organised? What does that mean?) and then Sus and family and I went to look at the flowers and then on to the church for the rehearsal. Big, beautiful church. We had the rehearsal dinner and then a reasonably early night for a very big day the next day!

We spent the morning getting beautiful - my hair took the shortest time, but it meant that I had to wear hair all morning once it was done! (And yes - oh, hello paranthesis - I wore the brown wig, not the pink one...). Susan was absolutely radiant, really beautiful. Lovely dress, lovely flowers, and she looked so happy too. The ceremony was beautiful (very hot in the church though!) and only a slight glitch when we all signed a document marrying Sus to one Ben Sullivan - never heard of him.

Lots and lots of photos... which is all part and parcel of the wedding, but takes its toll.. with some hopefully classic shots of Sus going round on a sea-saw in a posh white frock! By the time we got to the reception we were all complaining about our sore feet, only to be greeted by an example of Sus's thoughtfulness and military operation planning capabilities - hot pink thongs to match our dresses! And no further complaints were heard.

The reception was lovely, the speeches were great, the food was good and so was the music. All in all, it was a lovely wedding, and they both seemed very happy.

There is something mildly ironic about signing a marriage certificate with a man who split several months ago, however. (Richard was best man.) (Oh hello again, paranthesis.)

So a good weekend, and a good weekend ahead. And I'm feeeeeeeling good. (I know that it's an ad for quitting smoking, but I like to sing it when I'm feeeeeeeling good. And I'm feeeeeeeling good.) And if you post a comment on my blog I'll feel good some more.

I'm off to see Wild Hogs and dream about my motorbike! Isn't she beautiful? I'm seeing the neurosurgeon next week to see how my neck is going. It's feeling good, I've got lots of motion back and very little pain. So I'm optimistic - although I think I'm the only one!

Take care of yourself, and stay tuned for more whinging next week.

God bless,

Jess (who's feeeeeeeeling good - end paranthesis).

PS Word of the day: paranthesis, plural parantheses. I think. If my spelling is shot to buggery as well as my grammar, don't let me know. It will only make me feel womblish. Ooh, possibly next post's word of the day...

PPS Michael, you don't think I'm capable of gambolling around like a fat balding semi naked spring lamb?!?

6 Comments:

Blogger Jacqui said...

Your spelling IS shot, my friend - but womblish is such a great word that I just had to tell you. (It's parEnthesis, not parAnthesis. And you know it was always going to be me (or my mum) who picked it up!). Good grief, mine are worse than yours.
Glad you're feeling good. Hope the feeling lasts. Looking forward to seeing you in just a couple of weeks' time... YAY!
Lots of love,
Jacqui

10:04 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Well, don't I feel like a womble now.

5:46 pm  
Blogger mvp said...

I never said you weren't capable of gambolling about like a fat, balding, semi-naked spring lamb; I have no doubt that your gambolling talent combined with a womble or two will make even Andy's risque frolicking seem sheepish. All I meant to convey was that it would take me much more imagination than I currently possess to picture you as any Andynian manifestation. Or as Daffyd might put it: "I'm sorry Myfanwy, but Andy lives in a different village." :-)

Michael.

4:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Given that I'm absolutely the most painful when it comes to grammar and spelling I would have pointed out that it's parEnthesis. However not wanting to rub it in - I'm not going to make any comment at all about your atrocious spelling! But seriously (I know it's bad grammar to start a sentence with a BUT, but who cares? this is a blog...does grammar matter?), great to hear that you're feeling good ...hope the weekend in Maleny was fun - I love all the galleries and coffee shops there and it's so much cooler (in many ways) than Bris-Vegas. Sydney is alternatively cold then hot again. I really felt that autumn was starting early last week, only to fry from Thursday onwards. The palace maintains its usual fridge-like temperatures so Col was croaking like a bull-frog on Friday and Michael (the new grad on rotation) has come in this morning sporting a similar croak - does not bode well for the rest of us! Hope the chemo goes well this week. love Gill

10:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it

7:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is useful to try everything in practise anyway and I like that here it's always possible to find something new. :)

7:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home