Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Popping head out for a second

I am in a big fat chemo hole. I'm just hiding away until I feel like a human being and less like a really sick slug.

The good:
We are now in a Leukaemia Foundation house, and settled in.
I bought a beautiful leather recliner. I call it the magic chair, because it's the only place I'm comfortable and don't feel really bad.
I love my mum.

The bad:
I'm so nauseous it's crippling.
I have no energy to even stand.
There seems to be a correlation between standing and nausea. If I'm sitting in the magic chair the nausea goes away.

The ugly:
The magic chair is stationary in one position. Thus, I have one position.
I no longer like food.
I'm bald AND skinny.

Truth is I have turned the corner slightly and am feeling slightly better. Will post more later.

Thanks for all the comments everyone. I hope to get around to emailing everyone soon.

Jess xoxoxo

PS Gone off condensed milk.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

jessica jessica jessica. i love you and i love that nothing, no matter how much chemo or drugs you have, nothing can cripple your sense of homour. you are the best hottest fastest lightening bowling ball ever to live in a magic chair in the far away land. love jo girl xoxoxoxox

9:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gone off condensed milk! I guess it's true - you CAN have too much of a good thing.
Looking forward to seeing all the stuff Julia's capturing while I'm away, keeping my germs to myself!
Kirstin ; )

10:26 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jessica,
We were thinking about you at the meeting last night in Annandale, and missing you, but glad you are with your lovely Mum. Hope you can feel our love wrapping you up way up there in the mysterious north.Enjoy your magic chair and remember, from one who knows, the best thing about chemo in the summer is a lovely cool bald head!
Much love, little Jess, from the Emerald City. Val xxx

5:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Jess
Not a day goes by now without logging onto you in 'My Favourites' and absorbing everything you write.
What a wonderful Lady you are Jess, but then I had already given you that tag back in 1999, after your ANZAC Tour.
So glad that you and your Mum have discovered your Magic Chair Jess and may it continue to give you relief.
Keep up the Condensed Milk too, it is good for you, I have bought a tube to remind me of you.
We are thinking of you Jess and praying often for you.
Love always xx
Coleen & Warren (Port Macquarie)

10:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a solution! Put wheels on the Magic Chair!! Then you can be wheeled to different parts of the house. In fact, thrown out all of the other furniture and that will make it so much easier! I wish I was bald and skinny at the moment.It is in! Regrowth needs doing and I don't fit any of my clothes cause I am to fat. Glad you are feeling slightly better. Catch up soon. Sharyn & Family

1:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jess,
I love your blog. It's true your sense of humor will always shine through. Enjoy your magic chair.
sorry i haven't emailed for a while. Tomorrow i will be actively looking for a good deal on flights. Im looking forward to seeing you in September.
Speak to you soon.
Mike UK :)

7:49 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess, please know that we miss you at Baulko and really wish we could be there to help. Many a prayer is coming your way! I'm a massive fan of condensed milk but I'm off it for a little while too.
God bless you champ.
Love Derrick, Mel and little miss Finlaye.

7:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home