Monday, March 19, 2007

Princesses and Polish sausages

Okay, after the last post's rather humiliating experience - always check spelling before overusing a word, folks - I am definitely feeling rather womblish (which I know is spelt right because I invented it).

On the plus side, today I am basking in adoration at being bestest big sister ever, because for young Soph's fourth birthday, not only did I paint her nails pink, but I also presented her with not one, not two, but three new fairy princess outfits! (They were on sale at the party shop for $5 each, it seemed silly not to get three.) She wore the pink one to the pool this afternoon and is currently prancing around in the white one, talking about weddings and princes. Go feminism. Doncha...

Our holiday in Maleny was just magical. Provided by a company called Apex Adventures (who don't seem to have a website, or I would link to it), we stayed out the Maleny Views Cottage Resort and ate at King Ludwig's German Restaurant. Both had amazing views of the Glasshouse Mountains and the people at both places were so friendly. Our room was magnificent - two bedrooms, big comfy couches, double spa with view, giant plasma telly - and the breakfast each day was fantastic. We spent our days roaming Maleny and Montville and generally relaxing and taking it easy. It was just magical, Maleny and Montville have always been a very special place for Mama and I. It's just so peaceful. We went down to the Eumundi markets on Saturday - via the scenic route down the mountains. Mama's bright yellow pimpmobile (Hyundai Getz) did brilliantly down the 30% incline dirt road slope with no guardrail, even though Mama is absolutely terrified of heights! The local radio station was hosting a Leukaemia Foundation's World's Greatest Shave event at the markets, so I went on-air and talked a bit about my story and the Foundation and the great work they do. I'm such a media tart.

On Sunday I went around to the Van Pelts to spend some time, and then went to Mass with them that evening, and the shave event their church was hosting. Both Michael and his father went the shave (with Tom losing the beard and mo as well) and identical twin girls with the most gorgeous long curly hair as well. It was a great event.

Today is Sophie-Doph's birthday, and we went to the Sushi Train and then to the pool. She's just come in to change out of the white dress into the purple one with the feathers, which she says is the prettiest. She is having a birthday party on Saturday, and I have bought face paints and fairy wings to wear. Nothing wrong with a giant fairy.

Tomorrow it starts again... I need to rock up at the hospital at 8.30, hungry, for my new picc-line to be inserted at ten. Not looking forward to having it put back in - it's unpleasant and painful for a start, and then I have to deal with tubes in my arm, and need to keep it dry and stuff. But I want it in my left arm this time, which might be a bit easier, and also want it a bit higher up in my arm, so that it won't kink each time I bend my elbow. Not that the operating staff will be terribly interested in what I want.

It also means that I will have to stay in hospital overnight, which is not very fun. I'm hoping to get out early the next day though (which kinda depends on not being too nauseous) because I am seeing the neurosurgeon who will tell me how my neck is going - motorcycle here I come!

Oh, did I mention that Smiths BBQ chips are definitely out now, and that Apricot Fruity-Bix and milk are the latest big thing?

So not looking forward to tomorrow. Last cycle I had no nausea, but that may have been because they omitted a particular drug to avoid the side effects. No need to omit it this time, so I guess we'll find out if that's the drug that causes the nausea...

I'll whinge later in the week!

Oh Michael - Jessie the cowgirl has started talking by herself. We'll be sitting on the couch, minding our own business, and Jessie will (from her home on the fireplace mantel) start yodelling. We're blaming the heat.

Love you all,

Jessie (yodellayahee...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home