Thursday, August 30, 2007

Quick update

Yesterday I was going to post something along the following lines...

The great thing about my life is how wonderful it actually is. There is a teeny tiny little glitch, but apart from that, everything else in my life is incredible. It totally rocks. And that means that when I do get down about the teeny tiny little glitch, it doesn't tend to last long, because there is so much about it that rocks. So a bit of a think about all the good things, a bit of a bop to my current theme song (Mika's Love Today - highly recommend) and a bit of kissing (hey, I like kissing and he's good at it) and I'm happy again. Very happy.

Blogging like my last post is incredibly therapeutic to me as well. I post my pain, you guys take it on, I feel good again. Of course, it then means that everyone gets in contact being supportive and loving, but you've already done the work - I feel better! Thank you. You'll never know how much having people to listen helps.

Anyway, today's gone a bit custardy, but I still wanted to say the happy things too.

I was supposed to fly up to Mackay tomorrow for a couple of weeks. Saturday is a big Harley Davidson rally, and my neighbours had organised for me to go. I have been looking forward to it for months. Anyway, long story short, my pancreas and liver are not improving - they are getting worse. There is more sludge building up, so we need to do something. I'm starting to get a little bit of pain, and I could have put it off till Monday, but chances are it will flare up and get bad, so I'm just biting the bullet and going in for surgery tomorrow. So no Harley rally. I am SO SO SO disappointed. It was a really hard call.

Anyway, the procedure I'm getting tomorrow is fairly straightforward - even if it's name is not! Stereotactic radiosurgery has officially been superceded! Tomorrow, I am having an endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography/sphincterotomy. How kickass cool is that. It's more commonly known as an ERCP :)

It's just a camera down the throat and into the digestive system, then poking a hole to let the sludge drain away. There's a 5% risk that it will actually cause more pancreatitis. That's why I want to get this done asap - so that if I do get pancreatitis I can get over it by next weekend, when I go back to Mackay for Dave's citizenship and his sister's wedding.

But really it's a very straightforward procedure, not major surgery at all. Chill. If it wasn't for the Harley it would be no big deal at all.

Anyway, going back into hospital tomorrow. Will hopefully be out either tomorrow night or more likely Saturday.

Thanks everyone. You make this journey so much easier.

Thank you all for your prayers. Gill, I love the thought of your lighting candles in the various places you travel. That is beautiful. Beautiful enough to balance my levels of 'Get Jealous'ness. Thank you. And I'm glad God listens to prayers in non-exotic locations as well :)

With much love,

Jess xoxox

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jess,

Just ate another Caramello Koala for you. It's my form of prayer. [Also got stuck in to the escargot and canard last night - all for you :-)]

Hope the camera down the throat exercise goes well today.

Je pense tres fort a toi ma belle.

Rachel xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

4:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on, you must be making up these medical terms now, I've never heard that one on ER or House so it can't be a real one.

I wish I knew what Rachel just said.

5:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jess,

Just say the word and we can take you from Hospital to the Airport on the back of a Harley.....I will have to check with the driver though...there may be conditions attached. Well, you said you liked the kissing part!!! Plus, didn't you always want to be a bikie bitch? Or was that a bikers' bitch?

Sharyn

11:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jess!

I am deinfitely praying for you (well trying anyway - the best an Aetheist can do :)). Think about you all time, and it gives me a lot of strength thinking about what you have overcome and what you face on a dialy basis. I hope the camera/throat thingy went well.

AND I know what Rachel said - thanks babelfish - and I couldnĀ“t agree more.

Cheers

Mark

10:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Champion,
Just letting you know you are not forgotten! I'm still praying for you matey. Just trying to work out dates for the wedding with Mel and I might just be able to photograph it for you. More news soon. Could be a little tricky but I'll try my best.
God Bless
Derrick

6:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home