Sunday, November 05, 2006

It's been awhile...

Hello all,

Well it has definitely been awhile, and that is more due to not enough time to post rather than nothing to say. It is also because so much has happened and I have wanted some time to process it all myself before I started talking about it.

Well, I had a scan in early October, and it was pretty bad. The tumour in my ovary has become pretty big (about 6x9x11cm) and is starting to impact on other organs. The tumours in my lymph nodes are getting bigger and more numerous, but no problems there yet. It is also looking like it is spreading to my bones, but again, not causing any problems yet.

So next week I am going back in for more surgery to take out the rogue ovary (and probably the uterus as well, since it looks like it's gone a bit troppo as well). So a full hysterectomy. That means definitely no children, but since a) none of those bits are working anyway while they're riddled with cancer and b) not going to be around to bring up children, that hasn't been as bit a deal as I thought it would be. And if I do get my miracle, then I've always been drawn to international adoption anyway.

So Tuesday 14th November is the big day. Mama is flying in the week before and will be here to support me through it again. It's pretty much the same surgery as last time, same scar, same sort of recovery time. At this point I will probably be taking four weeks of work and then doing some work from home for a week or so until I can go back to work.

The point of this surgery is to get rid of the immediate problem - the tumour in my belly. If the surgery is successful it's just the lymph nodes and the bones we need to worry about (for now). If not, then the tumour in my belly will start growing into other things (bladder and bowel and whotnot) which will speed up the whole process. However, I am fully expecting a very successful surgery (since we've basically already done it before earlier!) and I actually truly believe that it will be successful, I'm not just being blankly cheerful!

There is much much more to talk about, but I just wanted to break the blog drought and get started again. I want to talk emotions and stuff too, but I might save that for another blog.

In the meantime, please pray for a successful surgery next Tuesday!

As usual, apologies for being such a lousy correspondent... that will change while I have four weeks off to recover!

Much love,

Jess

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home