Tuesday, November 13, 2007

They call me... Slightly Full of Water Girl!

Just come back from chemo, about to go have a nap before going to bible study.

Just a quick note to let you know some of the chemo nitty gritty. I am all puffed up like a little waterlogged round furby. They pump me full of water and they pump me full of steroids. I keep taking the steroids and several litres of water for the next two days, so I'll stay nice and puffy. I drank lots of water and had it poured in through my veins for a couple of hours, and after I had processed a litre of it (not a really nice process, having to measure it, but it means I get a private room with private bathroom instead of just a chair in the main area) I had a nap for an hour while the Avastin went in (so a $35/minute nap). Then we had the chemo pumped through, lots more water, then out by about three. So six hours. Then half an hour or so at the pharmacy, then off to Medicare to get some back. Oh, and to buy nice new nail polish to reward Jessie for being a good girl.

Actually, a bit of drama. A couple of nights ago I woke up in the middle of the night in absolute agony up my neck, down my shoulder and into my skull. I got up for a fentanyl lollipop, it was that bad. I got it again today at chemo. We heat packed it, and I lay flat for most of it, and it went away. The Spunky Doctor thinks its just a nerve in my vertebra that's being affected. I would agree.

Had a good chat with the Spunky Doctor - he's very good. Sat down to have a proper chat, not just a quick head in, head out... The tumour in my neck is not as red, and doesn't seem to be getting any bigger, which is a good sign. We'll do one more round after this and then scan to see how it's working. Otherwise the fatigue is pretty normal. A lot of the brain function loss could be attributed to the long term painkiller usage as well. And it's not like I've gone completely dumb just yet. I've still got a bit of fire in the old cooker.

Jason was great as usual - got coffees, and put the bed up, and then down, and then went out to get lunch, and just sat with me and was there with me. It's just nice to have someone there, even if nothing really is happening, even if you're just erading together. It's just nice. I think we are doing extremely well since we spend most of our days and nights together and we're not sick of each other. We probably do get enough time apart and of course we appreciate every second we do get to spend together. It's somewhat reassuring to sit here blogging while at the same desk he's gesticulating wildly at the computer yelling "Why are you donking me on the turn, you mung bean!?!?!" Ah, domestic bliss.

Anyway, just an update... I'm off to bed for awhile!

May the Lord bless you and keep you, let His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. May the Lord look upon you kindly and give you peace.

Jessie xoxoxox

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey gorgeous girl,

I have finally caught up with your blogs and just wanted to let you know that I love you and am thinking of you.

Richelle

12:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home