Saturday, December 22, 2007

Full belly, good company, tra la la...

Just a quickie post.

I am in an interesting cycle. If I get something done - if I achieve something I feel is worthwhile - I feel good. If I feel like I've spent all day sitting around being 'sick', then I feel worse, I feel useless and I spiral downhill rapidly. Unfortunately, if I'm not feeling well to start, then I am extremely unmotivated and usually in pain and discomfort, and unlikely to get anything 'done'.

I probably need a short list of achievable tasks. Oh dear, I need to baby myself. Any suggestions? Things I can do even when feeling completely rubbish so that I feel like I've done something worthwhile?

Just had a fantastic evening chez Amy, Dave and Julie. And I 'achieved' quite a bit today (all houseworky stuff to get ready for our visitors). Given I started the day feeling lousy, I'm very happy about that. I have a nasty cough that I can't explain or get rid of. I'm a bit worried about it - Christmas is next week and I really don't want to get sick. But my chemo doesn't seem to impact my immune system, thank goodness.

Anyway, I wanted to offer my Christmas wishes while I was feeling good and happy and Christmassy, not all whingy and miserable like last post.

I hope you have a lovely, relaxed Christmas, spent with loved ones, and special in whatever way is special to you. May it have all the four Fs - faith, family, friends and food.

May the birth of our Lord be a time of great love and peace for you.

God bless you at this very special time.

With much love,

Jessie xoxoxo

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jess, I've never posted a comment before but have read your blog for a long time now, you have my utmost respect and admiration for the way you cope with the hand you've been dealt. Sometime ago you wrote of the need to just "be" instead of feeling the need to "do", just "being" at times is fantastic! I hope you, Jason and Emily and all your families have a fantastic Christmas full of everything you wish for, especially the 4 "F's". God bless and love,

L.

10:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jess, Thank you, thank you for just being your wonderful self. Have so loved reading your Journey. And probably the HALF of what you're going through you don't mention! As has been said before you truly are an inspiration to us all who read your story. Hope you enjoy your Christmas with Jason, Emily and the others in your family. Love to Julie too.
Evelyn Ap

8:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jess,
Amidst all the chaos that can accompany Christmas,the only things that really matter are your family and friends. Just relax and enjoy being with them,(and let them do all the work - good plan!).
We're on our break from meetings at the moment, but I always look forward to catching up with your news.
I'll raise a glass of bubbly to you and me and all of us Life Force
gang.Thinking of you with much love, Val xx

2:05 pm  
Blogger Charlie said...

Hey Jessie,
Glad to see that you've had a rewarding festive season with family and friends (and, of course, rum balls- dagnammit you just can't get them here, along with mince pies, which around this time of year usually make up about 80 percent of my nutritional intake). Thanks for the Chrissie card and piccies, was great to see your lovely new family.
Charlie xx

8:56 pm  
Blogger Ignaz said...

Hi your blog is very interesting, visit my blog: http://ignazchilensch.blogspot.com/

11:52 am  
Blogger Charlie said...

Hey Jessie,
Me again, I just thought of something you can do while feeling rubbish- how about setting yourself a list of classic books you've always wanted to read and making your way through them (if you need suggestions I can certainly help you out here)...
Otherwise, never underestimate the value of a good home mani pedi- to accessorise those great legs of yours ;)
Lots of love and drop me a line sometime soon,
Charlie xx

8:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Jess

Have only just caught up with your Blog after about a month. I hope that you were able to find a way to lose the 'blahs' and really enjoy Christmas with all those you love.

I want to tell you that your courage in being honest about wherever you are at any given time has been partly reponsible for me being able to spend the most amazingly enriching 10 days with my mother. There was no topic we avoided and that precious time will comfort me greatly in my grief - she died last Friday, 28th December. She was 91 and had a wonderful life that was becoming less and less wonderful, so I am not sad for her - she was ready to go. I am sad for me, but as I said, knowing you and reading your Blog definitely helped me to be completely authentic with my darling mama at the end of her life. Thank you so much, Brave Girl.

Much love
Jane (Life Force) xxx

7:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jess!

I have finally gotten around to catching up with people after such a short Christmas break and I just wanted to say thankyou for the photo. It now resides in my lounge room and will probably be the only wedding pic there for some time yet to come. I had a great Christmas Day with my dad and my extended super family (it was a little overwhelming) however, I definatley took your advice and spent it and my week to New Years with the ones I love. I have to say it was probably my best christmas in a long time. I hope yours was fantastic and I will catch up with you on the 7th (let me know if you need a lift). Love Chelle

4:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jess,

Nik here, this time saying hello from Berlin. A (belated) Merry Christmas to you and all the family. Hope your Christmas and New year went really well (No drunks on trains this year). Phew! What a hectic time it's been. Rushed around Romania visiting Lavinia's relatives.

I'll be back in Brisbane on Jan. 24, and will stay for a few days before doing the family visiting rounds around Queensland. I look forward to seeing you then if you're feeling up to a visit from this strange ol' fellow.

Both Lavinia and I send our love.
See you soon!

2:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home