Saturday, January 12, 2008

I am in Flow...

By the simple expedient of doubling my pain killers, I am feeling so much better. I think the problem was that I was using old patches that no longer had any potency. It has made me realise just how much background pain I would be in if I wasn't taking pain killers.

Anyway, the drawback is of course that the parallel universe that exists when I close my eyes is back. I am learning to not speak immediately after waking up after any of my hundreds of micronaps throughout the day - "Careful, the animals are on the edge of the mattress" does make you sound crazy. And I'm not - I just fall into a groggy doze very very easily. Ie any time I'm sitting down for a period of more than 30 seconds. Buses are dangerous - I can end up anywhere at the moment.

But, I feel good, and I can gradually decrease the painkillers.

In fact, I'm probably a little bit manic - doing everything at speed and constantly doing SOMETHING. I can live with that. I feel like I'm getting things done during the day and that makes me feel good.

I'm actually enjoying a pressure-free January - no Christmas or any big event looming that I must prepare for. Just radiation everyday which is pretty cruisy. (Oh yeah, did I mention we were doing a couple of weeks radiation? Should help with the lumps in my neck and some of the bones in my leg and pelvis.)

Also spending a lot of time with Amy - as much as possible. She is off on her big trip around the world for a year or two with Dave. They leave on Australia Day. She and I are going away for a day or two just before they go. I'm terrified of saying goodbye to her.

Otherwise, I am in Flow. Things are working the way they are supposed to. I am very very happy.

Thank you for your love and support over this past bad week. And thank you Lord for being there every moment as well. I am never alone.

I am, however, much loved. Thank you for the happy flowers! I love happy flowers.

Next post will probably be a whinge again :) What a roller-coaster this is.

I am loved; I am blessed. May you feel as loved and blessed as I. May God bless you as richly as he does me.

WIth great love,

Jessie xoxoxo

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey cowgirl,

Just caught up with your recent posts, sorry to hear it's not been going great recently. Thinking of you.

MJ

4:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home