Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I am not well.

I am not well, and I haven't been well for a couple of weeks. This explains my quietness. This is only a short post, since I have to go into the hospital in a minute, but I wanted to let you know why it's been so long since I've posted.

I'm not well.

Various problems: pain, nausea, constipation, the heat, low energy - it all just combines to make life difficult.

I am trying to take it easy and not beat myself up about anything. Please forgive me if I don't answer calls or texts - I will eventually.

I start more radiation on Wednesday - the lumps in my neck are getting enormous, not to mention painful. Only ten fractions, so two weeks, then I go back to the chemo and Avastin.

I spent yesterday lying on the floor of the waiting room in tears because I was in so much pain. There is not much dignity down there.

Feeling a little better today, but I need to be clear - I definitely have bad times as well. Now is one of them. Please be patient with me.

I am trying very hard to practice what I preach and trust one hundred percent in God. And in sending me Jason He has blessed me beyond measure. My family is also wonderful.

I cried and cried and cried yesterday because I wanted to take Timmy shooting for his Christmas present, but was in so much pain I had to go to hospital instead. I felt like I was letting him down and it was something I had so much wanted to do with him. Dad and Richelle took him anyway, and he had a great time - he came over afterwards to tally the score - but it was so much something I wanted to do WITH him. Timmy is such a good kid, and he has been so supportive of Mama while she supports me. I will take him shooting at Easter.

Anyway, just letting you know that life isn't always beer and skittles, and that I'm going through a rough patch.

I hope you are all well.

May God bless you, and may you be able to see God's blessings even when it's foggy.

Much love,

Jessie xoxoox

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello my Friend
Jess, please don't worry about not feeling up to sending messages to people, all those who know and Love you know that you do such a wonderful job in writing this Blog to all your friends, Loved Ones and those who appreciate what a wonderful and beautiful person you are.
I'm sure that we all wish dearly that we could do something to help you and to ease the pain for you.
We all Love you and pray for you Jess. Best Wishes to Jason and your Special Family.
Love always
Coleen & Warren xxx

9:30 pm  
Blogger Liz said...

Hi Jess - I came across your blog a few days ago, and read it ALL in a couple of days. You are full of strength, faith, honesty and humor - awesome traits in a person. I know when you have bad days, you probably feel like none of those, but even in your bad days, I see those strengths of yours. thank you for sharing your story as it unfolds. You are truly inspiring. We are so far from each other, but we are spiritual sisters and I will pray that your pain would decrease and that your good days will far outnumber your bad days. (From California in the USA)

9:26 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jess, Thanks for being so honest and for letting us know where you're at. You will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of you and yours. Much Love, Amanda x

12:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there my beautiful little quirk, you are such a ray of sunshine even when you're feeling dark and fuzzy. And might i just say i am very proud of you and a little birdy told me God is very very super proud and humbled by YOUR humbleness, especially your faithfullness in the darker days.
sending oodles and ooooooodles of love to you and your fam, and DO NOT feel bad for not returning calls/msgs - WE LOVE YOU ANYWAY!
god bless ya angel pie, love jo girl. mwa mwa mwa xoxoxox

10:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home