Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Thought for the Day (We're down to one or two these days...)

A thought today, no real information about how I am (not too bad, thanks for asking. Plodding along).

We went to a movie on Sunday, Jason, Em and I. We wanted to see the Water Horse but it wasn't at a suitable time so Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium was the one chosen.

Em quite liked the movie, but was far more concerned about the absence of junk food in her lap.

I absolutely loved the movie.

And for the same reason that I loved the movie, it saddened Jason.

Mr Magorium, after a couple of centuries of running his magical Wonder Emporium toy shop, decides that it's time for him to move on. To leave. To die, is the word that no one is ready to use. His assistant Molly (to whom he plans to leave the Emporium) certainly cannot accept this and goes to great lengths to talk him out of moving on.

The trouble is, Mr Magorium is more than ready. He has done all he wants to do in this life, and he is ready for the next stage of his journey. He is blissfully happy with his life and achievements, thankful for all the joy it has contained and is ready for the next stage. So am I.

Molly is not. Jason is not. And they have the harder jobs - that of staying. Of keeping going. Of holding on.

In the meantime, if I want to talk about the next part of my journey, it saddens everyone. I am in this unique position in my circle of family and friends. And I don't want to sadden anyone. I already feel guilty about having the easy part.

I will be truly gone when no one holds me in their heart; when no one remembers me and when no one thinks of me. When there is no one left to love me, that is when I will truly be gone. Love will ALWAYS find me as long as you hold me in your heart.

Thank you for making my life so happy that ironically I am ready to embark on the next stage of the journey.
Thank you for all the joy that is in my life because of you.
Thank you for loving me.

May the Lord bless you and keep you, let his face shine upon you and be gracious to you. May the Lord look upon you kindly and give you peace.

May you know the tremendous peace that God has placed in my heart.

With much love and gratitude,

Jessie xoxoxox

PS Oh, and really - I'm not too bad. I've just re-read this post and it sounds a bit like a goodbye post, but it was really just a thought I had about people being in completely different places and thus interpreting things like movies in completely different ways.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jess,

I loved this movie too! I told Mum on the week-end that she reminds me of Mr Magorium as she keeps buying the exact same pair of shoes (4 pairs at last count!) I asked her how long each pair lasts....just to see the timeline! I can see how Jason feels. Just like the rest of us who want you here with us to grow old. But if that can't happen, then I want you to be happy, peaceful and pain free. Never worry about leaving our hearts, you are there to stay. I am glad that you get these thoughts out on your blog because they sound too hard to bottle up. And shit I'm glad that that is not your goodbye speech! Cause I expect you to write a better one! From Sharyn

12:21 am  
Blogger Jacqui said...

Hey bella,
I like the sentiments, and thank you for sharing them... but I gotta say I'm glad you added the PS!
Lots of love
Jacqui

9:30 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there baby doll, thinking of you always and will be long after you embark on the next chapter of your journey. So too bad - you'll never be truely gone until we're truely gone!!!
Praying for Jason and the rest of your fam and friends who do not yet know the peace of God, and that it will fill their hearts and minds by the day you leave.
Lotsa love, jo girl xoxox.
PS- if you ever need to chat / type about moving on, feel free to call / email me, I'm all ears to hear you chat about the excitment of heaven!! love ya, God bless ya xox

10:38 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got round to reading this latest post this morning. I know exactly where you are at and I understand completely!! I love you more than words can say and I thank God daily for bring you and your beautiful family into our lives at a time when we were struggling so desperately with our own family situation. I share your joy in the anticipation of the better place you are moving on to (I am jealous, kid!!) and I understand completely that you have now reached the point where you are ready to go. Feel free to talk openly to me about your feelings - you know you don't have to put on any pretences with me (I made the mistake of not doing this with my own father when he was dying of cancer and I didn't have the guts to speak to him about Jesus!!) I will miss you desperately when you are gone but I look forward to meeting you again soon in that glorious place to come. Love - eternally, Jan.

8:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jessie Girl

Thank you for being your usual unflinchingly honest self. I hope that others reading your thoughts on being ready to move on will understand how important it is for you to be able to express those thoughts to those you love. Of course they don't want to think about losing you, but if you can't talk honestly about the next part of your journey, then an opportunity is lost to say everything that you want and need to. I hope that they can see that talking about death doesn't make it happen, neither does your saying you are ready for whenever it happens hasten the event.

I believe that where you are going is just different from here, not necessarily better. I'm sure that for Jason and everyone who loves you, 'here' will seem darker for some time, so I do so hope that it will be a while before we have to do without your light in our lives.

Hugs and love
Jane (Life Force)

10:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jess,

Always thinking of you.

Love Pam and Jim of Mackay

10:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home