Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Wife Wot Waddles

Conversation between Mr and Mrs Horton today:

Mrs Horton: "Darling, your wife waddles."
Mr Horton: "That's okay, I don't mind. As long as she doesn't yodel."***

(I realise that this is probably a very disturbing insight into our relationship for most people...)

I started radiation on my pelvic bone and hip bone, as well as the lumps in my neck. Apparently when you radiate bones, it's really really painful for the first couple of nights. They're not bloody wrong. I'm in agony.

Sources of pain:
- Right leg. I can't lift my right thigh without a lot of pain.
- Lower back. Massive bone pain in my spine. Thus the waddling.
- Shoulders. Pain in lumps. Pain across all shoulders.
- General aching. Moving hurts. I move like an 80-year old woman.

The other drawback to being in pain (apart from being in pain) is that I have to take a lot of painkillers to get rid of some of the pain. Which puts me in the fug that I absolutely hate. I think I've whinged about the fug quite a bit.

Anyway, I hope that the pain from the radiation will settle down soon. On the plus side, the lumps in my neck seem to be less red and swollen. So it seems to be working.

Just an update as to where I am. (Nowhere very nice.)

God bless.

Much love,

Jessie xoxoxo


***At this point Mrs Horton pulls the cord on her Cowgirl Jessie doll and she yodels. Sadly, this story is true. By the way, MJ, I put Cowgirl Jessie in with all of Em's toys and teddies and she gave her back to me on the weekend, telling me she was yodelling in the middle of the night. That doll is definitely haunted.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jess

Really sorry to hear that you're in so much pain - but you've obviously not lost your sense of humour....and if yodelling does it for you then go right ahead!
Sounds like the Cowgirl Jessie is suffering from sympathy pains.
Thinking of you and saying lots of prayers
love
Gill

1:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jess
Just to let you know that i love ya heaps & miss ya...
would love to give you a massage again just to take the pain away 4 a short time while your with me & we can take a little trip together again see all the colors we like..
take care love xxx
Bella

9:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home